Sunday 6 July 2014

Name of my blog, twitter and #edchatnz

Well, that was pretty tough - naming my blog.  I was debating between "blog from a small town," the uncatchy "my personal challenge to write a blog" and ummm not sure but I suppose "Collecting my thoughts" is actually what I am going to do.  I wonder if I can change it?

I have recently, well since about 3 months ago, become very attached to twitter - I have definitely found my "nerdy self" in it.  I enjoy the challenges, the co-constructing of ideas and general way of connecting with many similar minded people that you get from twitter and especially #edchatnz which is fab fun to take part in.

It was actually #edchatnz which has challenged me to do lots of things that I have been thinking about for a while: making a Facebook page for my classes - well one of them, giving me more confidence to consistently discuss issues in SLT, among other things. As an aside I would have liked to have thought more about modern learning environments before we revamped a science room in the block I teach in during the summer 13/14 - another blog topic I think.

Of course it was also #edchatnz that encouraged me to blog.
In one such conversation we were discussing "students teaching teachers" and it made me rethink my year 12 assessment to really emphasise this.  Now the students are starting to teach the teachers and I couldn't wait to tweet the people I had been discussing it with.  I will blog more later about this as I think I want to write an article about it.

Is this what blogging does - it makes you want to discuss more and more things in greater detail?!

Now the next thing is to publish. Haha!  Not yet - a bit scary actually - maybe later tonight?!

No comments:

Post a Comment